The Student News Site of Niles Middle School

NMS PRESS

• The WEB picnic will be held on Tuesday, May 21st at Waddell Park in Niles.
  • NMS Choir Concert will be held on Tuesday May 14th 2024. Sixth Grade is at 6:00 p.m and Seventh and Eighth Grade is at 7:30 p.m.
  • The Staff and Students will have an annual Walk for Cure day on Monday, May 20th.
  • The McKinley Memorial Library will visit NMS during lunch periods on Thursday May 16th.
  • Seventh and Eighth Grade Band Concert Will be on Tuesday May, 9th 2024 at 7:30 p.m at NMS gymnasium.
  • The Sixth Grade Band Concert will be held on Tuesday May 9th 2024 at 6:00 p.m at NMS gymnasium.
  • Teacher Appreciation Week is May 6th- May 10th 2024!
  • Sports banquet is May 21st.
  • The 6th grade Camp Fitch trip is Wednesday April 17th- Friday, April 19th.
  • The last PANDA Club meeting for 6th grade will be on Thursday, April 11th at 3:00-3:50 p.m.

NMS PRESS

NMS PRESS

The students getting ready ready for camp Fitch.
Campfire Bliss
April 25, 2024
NMS Journalism having so much fun making fresh popcorn!
Popcorn Friday!
April 23, 2024
English Festival participants Joscelyn Jackson, Keeley Sprague, Kaelee Houseman, Larkin Stanford, Andrew Russo, Nicholas Watson, Skylar Ferguson, and Abigale Mechling having fun at YSU!
Bookworms!
April 23, 2024
Poll

What is your favorite summer activity?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Goodbye Eighth Grade
Melissa Ciminero, Editor • May 30, 2023

I am Thankful For…

I am Thankful For...

The Journalism Department gave the 8th grade students a little assignment to write about what they are thankful for this Thanksgiving. So we chose a few of the responses to post on the NMS Website. We chose some of the responses that we thought were meaningful and unique!

Harlow Stone: I am thankful for not only my family and friends but the people that look out for me everyday and help me throughout my daily life. Such as my teachers, coaches, the police and fire departments, our principal, and etc. Of course I am thankful for my mom, siblings, best friends, and grandparents. But I’m extra thankful for the people that help us and guide us through our everyday lives.

Matthew Lohne: I am thankful for veterinarians, because they are helping my dog stay alive in his current situation. My dog is suffering from diabetes, and I would be heartbroken to see him pass away; we have had him for almost my whole life. If it wasn’t for the veterinarians I would not have the joy of seeing my dog again.

Adalyn Sprague: I am thankful for my sisters. My sisters have always been there for me during times that I have arguments with others or even just when I am sad. They were there especially during COVID and when I really got depressed. They always have my back and love me regardless!

Reese Blose: I am thankful for my family and everything they do for me. My entire family has taken care of me for my whole life, and they still have a very special place in my heart. My parents have provided more than I would ever need, some of which I don’t need. They have still managed to make me a good person in the process. My extended family had spoiled me rotten and I am thankful for them everyday.

Cecelia Gatta: I am thankful for my sister Rosina. Yes, she isn’t here with us today but she has made me appreciate things more than I already did. You can’t always take things for granite, because they might not be here forever. I’m thankful I got to have that short experience with my sister, because it has taught me that not everything is permanent.

Delaney Alexander: I am thankful for the opportunities and experiences that I have been given. I am thankful for this because not a lot of people get the opportunities that I get to do. Such as dance, traveling, etc. I am also thankful for my family because they provide these experiences and opportunities.

Ava Catania: I am thankful for one of my best friends, she helped me through so many times such as my great-grandmother passing away. She helped me so much and I can’t help but be thankful. I am also thankful for my parents who have helped me through all my ups and downs. I also want to say thank you to Nile Middle School for giving me so many great opportunities, thank you!

Jay Starkey: I am thankful for my sister. My sister has helped me through so much. She has helped me when I thought I couldn’t make it anymore. She may not know it, but she saved me from harm and harmful thoughts. I love her so much, even if we fight. I want her to stay forever; but she is turning 18 this year, and will be moving out soon.

Brooke O’Brien: I am thankful for my dad sacrificing everything for me. I am also grateful for my Grandma and God for helping me through all of my ups and downs. I am thankful for all of my friends for supporting all of my choices no matter what. I am thankful for all of my teachers here at NMS.

Mason Burns: I am thankful for my family because they always there for me. When I am stressed I can always talk to them about anything. My family taught me a lot and helped me overcome challenges.

Elijah Hackett: I am thankful for both of my parents. I am really thankful for my mom. My mom always provided for my family and I. She makes sure everyone in the house has food and our basic needs. My mom also fights through daily problems and always has a smile on her face. My dad on the other hand always checks up on my siblings and I. My dad manages to make us smile and laugh. I am really thankful for both my mom and dad.

Ella Richardson: I am thankful for the doctors that helped my Nana. I’m thankful for doctors because my Nana has dementia. They help her try to remember names, and they put her in a great mood. If it wasn’t for the doctors, my Nana wouldn’t know who I am and would be in pain everyday.

Reagan Fellows: I am thankful for my neighbor because of the amount of times he has beaten cancer. Earlier this year, he ended up passing away due to cancer but he was always a strong person. He also was always there to help support my family and I throughout the years.

Jayden Merlino: I am thankful for my sister because she picks me up when I am down. I am also thankful for my sister because every time I need help, she is always there for me and helps me out.  Another reason I am thankful for my sister is she has never left my side.

Guiliana Huddleston: I am thankful for my mom. She is my biggest inspiration. She is brave, resourceful and I’m  incredibly thankful I get to have her as my mom. I’m thankful for my friends because I know they are always there for me, and that I can trust them. I’m also really thankful for Mrs. Parry. I think she is one of the best teachers I’ve ever had, and she is genuinely caring for her students.

A’miya Mendez: I am thankful for my teachers because they will get you where you need to be in the future. Like adults who did big things in there future only because their past teachers helped them learn and got them where they are now.

Lila Burtt: I am thankful for my mom because she is hardworking. She takes care of her children by putting food on the table, clothes on our backs and shoes on our feet. She takes sure we have our wants and needs.

Jesse McKinley: I am thankful for my parents, and my family. I am thankful for them because they lead me to good decisions. The reason I am thankful for my family is that they give me a roof over my head , provide me with food and water. I am also thankful for my sister because she always has my back no mater what.

Mya Swift: I am thankful for my parents. My parents are the main reason I try so hard in school. I am also thankful for my best friend Brooke O’Brien. Without her I wouldn’t be as happy as I am now, she brings light in my life, without it I don’t know who I would be. Lastly I am thankful for Mrs. Newman, I love her class. She treats all her students with kindness; I am so happy she is a teacher at NMS.

Dakotah Busse: I am thankful for my family, teachers and friends. I’m thankful for Mrs. Woloschak, she helps me with my work when I need help. I am also thankful for my Aunt Melonie and my cousin Madilyn and her boyfriend Eric. There always there for me when I need someone to talk to, and always help me when I need it. I love all three of them so much and I’m very thankful for them.