The Student News Site of Niles Middle School

NMS PRESS

• Award winner Catherine Bosley will visit NMS to speak to our students Thursday, May 16.
  • Seventh grade math testing begins Tuesday, April 30 and ends Wednesday, May 1
  • The WEB picnic will be held on Tuesday, May 21st at Waddell Park in Niles.
  • NMS Choir Concert will be held on Tuesday May 14th 2024. Sixth Grade is at 6:00 p.m and Seventh and Eighth Grade is at 7:30 p.m.
  • The Staff and Students will have an annual Walk for Cure day on Monday, May 20th.
  • The McKinley Memorial Library will visit NMS during lunch periods on Thursday May 16th.
  • Seventh and Eighth Grade Band Concert Will be on Tuesday May, 9th 2024 at 7:30 p.m at NMS gymnasium.
  • The Sixth Grade Band Concert will be held on Tuesday May 9th 2024 at 6:00 p.m at NMS gymnasium.
  • Teacher Appreciation Week is May 6th- May 10th 2024!
  • Sports banquet is May 21st.

NMS PRESS

NMS PRESS

Poll

This poll has ended.

What is your favorite summer activity?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Goodbye Eighth Grade
Melissa Ciminero, Editor • May 30, 2023

Jessica: Profiles in Kindness at NMS

Kaelee Houseman
Jessica smiling up a storm!

Every month we choose someone in NMS for Profiles in Kindness. This month I chose Jessica Holloway. I chose Jess because if someone is just having a bad day she is always there to cheer them up. No matter what is going on I always see a smile on her face, and she is always nice to others.

Name: Jessica Holloway

Age: 12

Birthday: August 24, 2011

Favorite Subject: Math or ELA

Do you like school: I enjoy school but I don’t like waking up early

Who do you look up to: “I look up to my grandma because she will always help someone in need.”

How are you kind to others: ” I am kind to others by always helping others when in need”

How can student at NMS be more kind: ” A student at NMS can be more kind by fixing a conflict the correct way, they should talk their way out of the arguments”

What’s the best way to be kind: “The best way to be kind is to treat others as you would want to be treated.”