The Student News Site of Niles Middle School

NMS PRESS

• The WEB picnic will be held on Tuesday, May 21st at Waddell Park in Niles.
  • NMS Choir Concert will be held on Tuesday May 14th 2024. Sixth Grade is at 6:00 p.m and Seventh and Eighth Grade is at 7:30 p.m.
  • The Staff and Students will have an annual Walk for Cure day on Monday, May 20th.
  • The McKinley Memorial Library will visit NMS during lunch periods on Thursday May 16th.
  • Seventh and Eighth Grade Band Concert Will be on Tuesday May, 9th 2024 at 7:30 p.m at NMS gymnasium.
  • The Sixth Grade Band Concert will be held on Tuesday May 9th 2024 at 6:00 p.m at NMS gymnasium.
  • Teacher Appreciation Week is May 6th- May 10th 2024!
  • Sports banquet is May 21st.
  • The 6th grade Camp Fitch trip is Wednesday April 17th- Friday, April 19th.
  • The last PANDA Club meeting for 6th grade will be on Thursday, April 11th at 3:00-3:50 p.m.

NMS PRESS

NMS PRESS

The students getting ready ready for camp Fitch.
Campfire Bliss
April 25, 2024
NMS Journalism having so much fun making fresh popcorn!
Popcorn Friday!
April 23, 2024
English Festival participants Joscelyn Jackson, Keeley Sprague, Kaelee Houseman, Larkin Stanford, Andrew Russo, Nicholas Watson, Skylar Ferguson, and Abigale Mechling having fun at YSU!
Bookworms!
April 23, 2024
Poll

What is your favorite summer activity?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Goodbye Eighth Grade
Melissa Ciminero, Editor • May 30, 2023

Rust City Church — Making A Difference!

Come join our mid week outreach! So many caring and helpful people are coming together so that you are able to have food in your fridge every week.
Rust City

No one should have to worry about where they are going to get their next meal from; Rust City church is helping to prevent this. They have a Mid-Week Outreach every Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. The cars start lining up at 5:00 p.m. They are located at the Eastwood Mall, across from the Scrappers field.

This is me getting ready to help serve at Rust City church for Mid-week outreach! (Brian Forkin)

How do I know this? Well, I help serve and I wanted to help get more of this information to families in need. My family and I started attending Rust City Church at the beginning of this year. I look forward to serving on Wednesday so that we can help our community. One of my favorite things about Rust City is how much they give to others. We serve about 150 families each week. When you arrive, there will be people directing you to the car line. Just pull up and stay in your car while we load your food. We don’t just offer to fill your cars with food, we also offer to pray with you. Rust City Church doesn’t just do a mid-week outreach, we also have a Sunday outreach where the church gives out hot meals at Warren Family Mission. 

This is my brother and I helping to hand out food to people in need! (Brian Forkin )

If you don’t need the help, we encourage you to volunteer at mid-week outreach. Our church is always looking for volunteers to help us out. All you have to do is walk into Rust City Church, get a vest from the back room; then go out to the truck where the food is and get to work. I know we have a food pantry at our school but our mid-week outreach gives out pounds of meat, drink and other different foods weekly.

If you just go to the outreach and don’t join our church services; you’re missing out on a lot. Everyone at Rust City church is so welcoming and is always looking for opportunities to get you more involved. Rust City is a church that practices Christianity but if you have not found your way to God we encourage you to come and join us. As our church always says, “ Forget religion, find God and move towards a new possible.” This church isn’t like most churches, it’s more like one giant family. You are always welcome to Rust City Church. We encourage you to come to our services and to get involved.