A Message From Your President

Your eighth grade class president of 2023. ( photo credit of Maddie Yost)

My fellow eighth grade students, 

As I write this to you today,  I cannot help but feel a sense of nostalgia and sadness.  It seems like only yesterday that we were all starting our journey at NMS together. And yet, here we are, at the end of another school year and ready to take on the challenges of high school.

As your student council president for the past year, it has been an absolute honor and privilege. I want to take this moment to thank each one of you for entrusting me with this responsibility. It has been a challenging yet rewarding experience that I will cherish forever. The fact that my peers elected me to this prestigious office will always hold a place in my heart. 

This was the first year that NMS has ever had a student council and I am so grateful that I was picked to serve as your very first student council president. We may have not achieved a lot of things this year due to it being the first year for a student council, but we planned the Valentine’s Day dance which took a lot of planning, ideas, and effort. We also needed to fundraise, and we enjoyed watching our Valentine’s Bracelet-grams get delivered to you.

I am confident that each one of you will achieve great things in life. As we move forward onto different paths after we leave NMS, let us always remember our shared memories and experiences in this school.

Thank you once again for allowing me to be your student council president. It has been an experience that I will never forget, and I hope to remain your student council president once we walk the halls of NHS. 

Farewell and best wishes,

Kamron Stevens.