I am Thankful for…

I am Thankful for...

Jillian Parry and Madelyn Yost

In honor of Thanksgiving, we decided to make an assignment for students asking them what they are thankful for. Some students wrote very unique answers, so we decided to post them on our website!

I am thankful for…

Mrs. Ciminero – Our students are here in person this year instead of virtual like we were at this time last year. It makes me happy knowing I can celebrate the holidays with not just my family but with students here in school too.

Cali Rodgers – Two hard working parents who are still married and want me to succeed in my future. I am also thankful to attend school 5 days a week. Online learning is very challenging for me, so being able to learn with my teachers makes me so grateful.

Alysse D’Errico – All the nurses and doctors who treated my mom’s Leukemia. Even though she’s not here, I am beyond thankful for all their time and dedication they showed trying to save my mom. I know they did as much as they could to let her hang on for a little longer.

Alyssa Hinchman – My family. My family has always been there for me when I needed them. They always forgave me for my mistakes and accepted me for my quirky, strange self. I wouldn’t trade my family for anything. I love them all very much even if I don’t show it. I’m also thankful for my dogs. They are the best balls of energy I’ve ever seen. I love them very much and I wouldn’t trade them for the world.

Cecelia Gatta – My family and friends because those people are the key factors in life. They are there for you even when you just need a hug. People like them will help guide you through life and enjoy it.

Alaina McFarland – My family moving to Niles. I used to live in Salem, Ohio and truthfully it wasn’t the best. In fact, I am extremely happy here in Niles. I have a bigger house, better friends, and overall a better life. Thanks for moving us here mom.

Jillian Parry – My family. They have always been there for me and have supported all of my decisions. My parents keep a roof over my head and let me experience things others don’t. My siblings are also very caring towards me and understand everything that I go through. I am truly grateful for everything I have in life because some people don’t have as much as me.

Maddie Yost – My family, but especially my grandma. She is seventy years old and she does so much for me. She’s been through a lot. She beat Covid and she is a real warrior. I don’t know what my family would do without her because she is like the glue to our family. Without her, we would fall apart. I’m extremely grateful that she beat Covid and she is still here with me today. She’s the best grandma I could ever ask for.

Isabella Demiling- My nurses when I had MRSA. If it hadn’t been for them I probably wouldn’t be here right now. I’m also thankful for my teachers because I wouldn’t know anything without them. I’m grateful for my entire family because they took care of me and showed they cared for me. They will always be there when I need them.

Natalya Craig – My mother and father. Even though my father was only here for a short period of time, he taught me a lot while he was here. I am very thankful for the love he showed and what he did for me.

Ava Court – My little brother. There are many things I am thankful for but my little brother is at the top of my list. He means everything to me. I try to be the best big sister for him but it doesn’t always come out that way. I would do anything for him. I take the blame for him, I try to calm him down when something upsets him, etc. The person I am the most thankful for in the whole world is my little brother.

Jaida Odum – My friends. They are so kind to me and I definitely wouldn’t be here without them. I’ve discovered the things I love in life because of them. I’ve encountered so many people in my life but none quite like them. They are my family.

Richard Sheely – My grandparents. The reason I am thankful for my grandparents is because they are over seventy years old and they do so much for me. My grandparents cook, clean, wake me up for school, and buy me things I need. In conclusion, I am thankful for my grandparents because they are so hard working and loving.

Grace Guarnieri – My parents because they are the hardest working people I know. They will do anything for me. I am also thankful for all the healthcare workers that helped my grandpa in the nursing home.

Robert Ward – My family. They help me through everything. They give me a reason to go to school, and stay positive in life. They take care of me when I’m sick, even if it means they get no sleep. I am so thankful for my loving and caring family.

Delaney Alexander – The family I was born into because they are so caring and loving. They always help me and support me. I am also thankful for my very kind, funny, and supportive friends.

Addison Campbell – The fact that I have a roof over my head, food to eat, and a family that loves me. Many people do not have any of these and I really appreciate that I do. I am very thankful for all the things that I have.

Thalia Strickland – My parents because they have provided so much for me. I wouldn’t be who I am today if it wasn’t for them. They push me everyday so I can succeed in life.

Ryland Ferguson – My family, especially my dad. No matter what, my family has always been there for me. My dad has been my best friend since I was born and always will be! He always finds a way to make me happy. My favorite is when he lets me ride on his motorcycle with him! My whole family loves and cares about me so much and I am thankful for it.

Jazlynn Poling – The books I can read and write. It might sound a little crazy, but they provide an escape for me. Whether it be big things I really don’t want to think about, or small things I try to avoid. Books have helped me out in my darkest times.

Jadyn Patterson – The ability to socialize! During Covid, everyday felt the same, especially while we were online. Now, I am able to talk to people and get the socialization that we all need. I’m proud of myself for getting this far. I’ve found my people, all thanks to the education system.

Nathan Lambert – My mom. She does anything in her power to help me have a good life. If we don’t have much money she will find a way to make some. That is what I’m thankful for!

Emma Merlo – How my grandfather was taken care of. He got excellent care at Cleveland Clinic and at St. Joseph’s Hospital. It was a tragic loss but we wouldn’t have wanted any other care for him.

Capri Brainard – My stepmom, Tabby. My dad and her have been married for three years but together for fourteen years. I am thankful for her because she has always been here for me when my biological mom isn’t. She’s my biggest supporter and helped me through a lot.

Elijah Spencer – My step-dad because he came into my life after my dad left and now he is teaching me how to be better as a person. I am also thankful for my siblings for being there for me when I need them and always letting me know my worth.